Every Brain Matters is a community and a unifying alliance of organizations and individuals that educate about the dangers of marijuana and the drug culture expansion.
We work together to bring about a cultural movement through advocacy, support/recovery, science, visual public awareness by encouraging the use of the EBM merchandise, and by promoting optimal brain and environmental health.
A worldwide coalition where we promote the health of our children, environment, and our future by decreasing the demand for drugs, empowering our families and communities, and supporting drug prevention, education, and recovery efforts. In time, the culture of Every Brain Matters will be accepted in a majority of households, schools, and communities.
- Marijuana policy should be driven by science. Drug policies should be based on reputable science, not by profit-driven entities that support drug promotional policies.
- The best harm reduction is drug prevention. Keeping drugs illegal, along with providing education, decreases demand and use. Increasing accessibility increases use.
- Marijuana (drug) use affects more than just the user. It causes harm to innocent people, such as victims of drug-impaired driving, child neglect or abuse, second hand smoking, and accidental ingestion.
- The Marijuana expansion is increasing the mental health and addiction crisis, and we do not have resources available. Marijuana is a causal or risk factor in the addiction, mental illness, and homelessness crisis, as well as violence.
- Marijuana state regulatory policies have failed. The FDA approves medications and states do not have the necessary resources or knowledge to address this safely.
- The illegal marijuana market has grown exponentially as a result of legalization.
- Marijuana production is an environmental disaster, which interferes with the responsible stewardship of the planet. Growers divert streams, rob our water supply, and strain the electrical grid. Marijuana grows, which become more prevalent in legalized states on Federal lands, are cutting down forests, using banned pesticides and rodenticides, killing species, and depleting resources with no accountability.
- It causes widespread costs and societal harms, affecting all aspects of our lives. Increases car and health insurance, increases homeless, increases government spending (taxes), public health costs, loss of productivity, increases crime and violence, loss of potential, workplace safety costs, and rising business and housing costs.
- No use of marijuana in pregnancy or under the age of 25 is safe. It is well established that marijuana use is harmful to the deveolping brain.
- There is no proof high potency marijuana is safe for adult use. Cannainboind hyperemeisis syndrome, cannabis induced psychosis, and cannabis uses disorder rates are increasing.
History: The Every Brain Matters name was introduced by Dr. Christine Miller at the first rally to oppose the legalization of marijuana in Sacramento, California back in 2016.
It inspired many families to become educated about marijuana, and as a result, became an initiative of Parents Opposed to Pot.
Please join us at this link.