Every Brain Matters is a community and a unifying alliance of organizations and individuals that educate about the dangers of marijuana and the drug culture expansion.
We work together to bring about a cultural movement through advocacy, support/recovery, science, visual public awareness by encouraging the use of the EBM merchandise, and by promoting optimal brain and environmental health.
A worldwide coalition where we promote the health of our children, environment, and our future by decreasing the demand for drugs, empowering our families and communities, and supporting drug prevention, education, and recovery efforts. In time, the culture of Every Brain Matters will be accepted in a majority of households, schools, and communities.
- Drug policies, including marijuana, should be science-driven by reputable researchers and labs, not by profit-driven companies’ that support drug promotional policies. Marijuana policy should be driven by science.
- The best harm reduction is drug prevention. Keeping drugs illegal is the best way to decrease demand/use. Increasing accessibility increases use.
- Marijuana (drug) use affects more than just the user. It causes widespread societal harms, affecting all aspects of our lives: communities, health care, insurance, businesses, families. It causes harm to innocent people, such as victims of stoned driving, child neglect or abuse, and accidental ingestion.
- We know that marijuana is a (causal or risk) factor in the addiction, mental health, and homelessness crisis, as well as violence. Marijuana increases the mental health crisis, and we absolutely do not have the resources and care available to treat the increased need for treatment.
- Marijuana state regulatory policies have failed, FDA approval is crucial and necessary, as states do not have the necessary resources to address the issue properly.
- The illegal marijuana market has grown exponentially as a result of legalization.
- Marijuana growing is an environmental disaster, which interferes with the responsible stewardship of the planet. Growers divert streams, rob our water supply, and strain the electrical grid. Illegal grows, which become more prevalent in legalized states on Federal lands, are cutting down forests, using banned pesticides and rodenticides, killing species, and depleting resources with no accountability.
- The marijuana industry resists regulations. “Big money drug investors” influence policies, public perception, and elected officials.
- Our children are paying a heavy price. No use of marijuana in pregnancy or under the age of 25 is safe.
- There is no proof high potency marijuana is safe for adult use.
History: The Every Brain Matters name was introduced by Dr. Christine Miller at the first rally to oppose the legalization of marijuana in Sacramento, California back in 2016.
It inspired many families to become educated about marijuana, and as a result, became an initiative of Parents Opposed to Pot.
Please join us at this link.