Thank you for taking action. Follow these simple steps to eliminate the loopholes in the 2018 Farm Bill that allow drug entrepreneurs to target America’s families with dangerous hemp-based THC candies and vapes.
Please follow these two simple steps:
1. Copy the letter below and send it to your congress members today. Click here to find your congress members.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to address the increasing and dangerous sale of hemp-based synthetic THC variants that the 2018 Farm Bill legalized.
This bill allows for the manufacturing and sale of hemp plants that mainly contain cannabidiol (CBD) and are permitted to have a dry weight of 0.3% Delta-9-THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). Drug entrepreneurs are taking advantage of this loophole and are now using CBD to synthesize other THC-variants, such as Delta-8-THC, to attract more youth users. These synthetic THC products are easily accessible to everyone of all ages at gas stations, dollar stores, and smoke shops and can be ordered online.
These products are very dangerous because they contain deceptively high amounts of THC. Some products are advertised to be even stronger (up to 30X) than the type of THC obtained from the marijuana plant.
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) states:
• THC can cause acute psychotic reactions (paranoia, delusions, hallucinations) in non-schizophrenic people who use THC, especially at high doses.
• It is estimated that 30% of people who use THC are at risk of becoming addicted.
• THC can increase the risk of anxiety, depression, suicide, vomiting, and other GI issues.
And the FDA has concluded that these products can contain harmful contaminants, such as pesticides, mold, heavy metals, and additives.
To make sure all loopholes are closed and to protect our children against synthetic hemp-derived products saturating the market, we ask you to please consider the following changes to the 2018 Farm Bill:
1. Prohibit the sale of synthetic hemp derivatives.
2. Place all cannabinoids synthesized from hemp in Schedule 1.
3. Ban all synthetic hemp products rather than label them for “over 21” use only. We know that “over 21” regulations have failed miserably with other harmful substances, and we need to learn from the past.
I respectfully ask you for your support in protecting our children and families by banning these products so that there can be no question of their legality apart from any FDA-approved medicines.
Thank you for your consideration and service to our country,
Sign your name
2. Sign up with the Every Brain Matters community to continue to stand up and push back against the expanding drug culture and policies.
3. Please share this graphic with your family and friends.
Families report their loved ones consuming THC Hemp products and then developing symptoms of psychosis, leading to them dying by suicide. We honor some of these families here.
Share this educational pamphlet with legislators, schools, families, friends, medical staff, and other stakes holders in your community.